I know that the hard thing for me about catching up on keeping a record is making the effort to post current happenings while also going back and filling in the blanks.
So for today I will just share about our most recent happenings.
This last weekend we enjoyed watching General Conference. It was a great bonding experience for us as a family. With 3 kids who aren't helpless babies anymore, and who really have some communication abilities, there are such fun dynamics. We really got to enjoy some fun and enlightening discussions about what our kids think about life and God's plan. We also just had some quality family time without trying to get ready to go anywhere all weekend. Pmc did a great job of having engaging activities for the kids while we listened. I on the other hand have finally learned the art of getting mindless chores done while I listen (which actually seemed to help me take more messages to heart than I usually do when I sit and listen and try to take notes - not that notes are bad, but I'm learning a balance).
This weekend I attended the C family luncheon, which happens each year in April. My husband's grandmother and her sisters are diligent about getting all the women together to celebrate their mother's life! While this can be a little awkward for me (with all of that extended family, that can be different year to year depending on who is able to come) it is also lovely to connect with and learn the heritage that my children and husband have!
Also, we got to enjoy a little time at my mom's cabin to celebrate Easter a little early. The boys went up without me while I went to the luncheon and enjoyed some sledding in Logan Canyon.




Then, once I joined them,we went to a "dive-in" movie at the swimming pool. I love giving each of the kids a little swimming lesson each time we go swimming, and they each did so well this time. I love having skills I can teach to our kids, and I'm grateful to have pretty good teaching and kid skills so that these things work out in our family. But it is also fun to just relax and enjoy playing in the pool, especially with a movie going!


Cpc gave us a little performance of his first official violin song he's learned!

Today we enjoyed a little Easter egg hunt and a special Ham dinner. I love Bear Lake, and I'm so grateful that my mom and her husband decided to buy a cabin. This weekend the R&JG family (my mom's husband's son) came to the cabin too, and while some parts of that were awkward, some were really valuable too. I'm still learning to navigate the workings of a step-family. I got a chance to discuss the relationship navigation with my mom and sister, and I'm so grateful to have learned to communicate better with my family.




No comments:
Post a Comment