A few fun things happened this week that I would love to remember. Cpc is a sweetheart!
On Friday evening while Pmc was at school I told the kids we could have a little extra reading time. So I grabbed "Henry and Beezus" which we are reading with Cpc, and told Cdc to go choose 3 books as I sat down on the couch - assuming that Cpc would sit down beside me. Instead he jumped up and ran towards his room. Assuming he was going to try to pick books for Cdc, which is not unusual, I asked him what he was doing with a rather hasty tone of voice. He responded with a sweet "I'm just getting a brush so I can do your hair while you read." This kid knows the way to mommy's heart! So while I read he brushed, for a good 15 minutes. Then, he finally started getting tired and started scooting down by my side and brushing less. Of course I never want that to stop so I said "bud, you can keep going" in my sly style. To which he responded "I'll keep brushing while I count to five. One. Two. Three. Four. Five." Sweetheart!
Today at church Cpc leaned over to me during the announcements before the sacrament and said "mom, can I go out in the hall to say a prayer?" To which I asked "why?". Cpc said "I said a bad word yesterday and I haven't asked Heavenly Father for forgiveness yet, and I really want to take the sacrament. That's my favorite part." We all could learn a thing or two from that huh? I unfortunately haven't been able to get out of him what the bad word he said was. All he would tell me was that it was a mean name. I guess he's got that covered between him and the Lord though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment