We had a pretty plain week, and we really think that's alright.
Pmc had a lot going on, and is still pretty stressed. He has a 20-page paper due Tuesday night, and had to grade some awful tests all weekend. So he's got a lot on his plate the next two days.
On the other hand, I was able to catch up on quite a few things. I finally put together our journal/scrapbook for the months that we were dating. I feel so relieved to have gotten everything written down, I'm sure I missed some stuff....but I would've missed more if I had waited any longer. I also am thrilled to announce that I have been working on Family History, using the new LDS Family History website, and have already found 4 family members that I can do temple work for. I have been waiting for this for a long time. I have attempted over and over again to learn how to do all of the work that goes into doing temple work for family, and always ended up frustrated. My grandmothers are both so good at it, that it's hard to find any work that hasn't been done. I am so grateful for the new website! I love technology!
Today was my first Sunday fulfilling my new calling as Primary Music Coordinator at church. I was super nervous, but everything went so smoothly. There are quite a few extra needy kids in our primary in this ward, so I was nervous about whether I would be able to keep their attention. But I realized today that I really do have those skills. I don't think it will ever be easy, and I'll always have to make sure I'm prepared....but I know I can do it, and I don't need to be nervous! I'm very grateful that pmc is willing to take care of cpc during primary for the next few weeks, until cpc is lucky enough to go to nursery.
This week was an up-and-down week for cpc and I. We had quite a bit of extra time, just the two of us. I am working really hard on learning patience.....I can be a pretty patient mom most of the time, but it turns out I can be a little unpredictable with losing my patience. We'll just say there were a few days that cpc and I didn't get along so well, and I lost my patience more times than I prefer to admit. However, I am endlessly impressed with cpc's patience with me.....and his forgiveness. I am grateful that he is so capable of and willing to give me another chance, even when I really hurt his feelings. I am proud to say that it is helping me to get better at it.
We are really enjoying so many things about cpc's current stage. He has such a big heart. In the mornings when he comes into bed with us while we're all waking up, he loves to get right between us and get sandwich hugs and kisses. This kid probably asks for hugs and kisses at least 20 times a day from each of us. We are trying to teach him about how cdc is in my tummy. He now really enjoys kissing my tummy whenever I ask "where's cdc?" I've recently noticed that Cpc remembers people's voices. If I put someone on speaker phone, he only tries to get the phone if it's someone he knows. He especially loves talking to Grams, Aunt Cse and Aunt Ace. And he loves blowing kisses to them too! Now we can hardly wait to get our netbook so that we can finally keep in touch with family via the webcam (it should be here before December!). Alas, since it's not here yet, we figure we better share this video of Cpc. We love that he figured out all on his own that wearing this hat while riding is horse is appropriate. I have NO clue how he picked this up!
Here's Cpc's favorite activity as of late.

1 comment:
Love the video...miss you guys. That is one of the first times I have seen much of the Eyre in that kid...he always looks so much like his dad to me....but he is definitely related to LucyMae!
Post a Comment