Okay....yes we're way behind. I hardly know where to start when so much time has gone by....I've got to keep up with the weekly posts!
So, in the past two weeks, I maxxed out my violin studio. I now have 10 students, with 2 more that my sister CDEE is giving to me in January when she moves. I am honestly barely keeping up with them, but really, I am absolutely loving it. I somehow found the joy in teaching violin, and I am so grateful. I love being able to keep CPC by my side, and still give him the attention he needs. I have the greatest students, as well as the greatest families. See, with teaching the Suzuki Method, family is SUPER involved. I work with the students and their parents. I really got lucky this round.
We enjoyed our annual Halloween get-together with the Naylors. This year the Johnsons joined us, now that JJ found a wife! Sadly, the Severinsens and the Mathesons didn't make it this year. We had bread-bowl-soup and played "Curses," but didn't get to carve pumpkins. We also forgot to take pictures....oops.
For Halloween we took CPC "treating," by treating some family & friends to a viewing of our little Giraffe. He totally LOVED being in that costume....why? Well, everyone was paying attention to him for starters, but he also enjoyed getting to have something to totally surround his face....so he could suck on it! Besides that, he got to stay up and play for an extra hour before taking a nap. This picture from the Mom's Club Halloween Party shows his costume well, but that face......?
We also spent the past couple weeks figuring out CPC's sleeping habits. Yes, he still hates to sleep. He still gives his wide eyes that make him look like he's not tired at all, but he is. He has learned to fall asleep in his own bed again. He sleeps at night, waking only once or twice to eat. He takes a nap every 2 hours whether he looks tired or not. And the best bonus of all this, he rarely gets overtired anymore, which means he can always fall asleep at nap-time and he is always happy when he's awake! PMC and I are feeling so much better. We feel like we have our child back! We can tell that CPC is happy about it too, he seems to feel understood.
On Sunday, we enjoyed getting to attend my little brother, HDHE's ordination as a Teacher. Afterwards we went to my Mom's house for dinner, which we haven't done in ages. We enjoyed playing mind games.....literally. Have you ever heard of the games "Umbrella" or "What I Like"? Again, no pictures there.
We highly recommend going to "Bodyworlds." We went on Friday morning with Aunt HCO and her kids, AO & SO. We learned so much, and it was so worth the money.
Besides all of this:
We voted. It snowed....this is CPC getting warm after his first walk in the snow, the day after we voted. They gave him his own sticker because it was his "first voting experience."
CPC discovered his reflection in the mirror. He really likes to laugh at himself.
CPC had his first bubble bath, which he LOVED.
PMC attended the "Blackout" game at the U. It looked pretty cool to see a stadium of black.
CPC ended up as a pumpkin for our Halloween picture, because we just couldn't get a really good shot of him in his giraffe.
Oh and CPC can now roll both ways, and get himself up on his knees. Please tell me this kid won't be crawling next week! However, he seems to be camera shy on that one.

6 comments:
CPC looks very comfy and adorable in his Bubble Bath picture! I'm feelin' a bit jealous...
That giraffe picture of CPC is adorable! He is such a dang cutie I can't stand it. I'm glad you've found some sleeping solutions now--for your sake and his! Let me just promise you now that you won't believe how much easier your second baby will be. Miss you!
I love the pumpkin outfit...I'm all for making my kids suffer with all the fun stuff I will have them do. I'm so excited you guys are doing great.
He's the cutest giraffe I've ever seen! Cute costume!
Cute pictures!
What a cute son!!!! He is growing so fast, I can't believe it!!!
Post a Comment