This was a strange week for me to say the least. I've been unhappy with my job for some time now, and I've been trying to stick it out for the sake of the company, but also because we need the income. Well, I reached my limit this week, and quit cold on Friday. I decided that it just wasn't worth the stress and unhappiness. I came home hardly believing that I had actually stood up for myself. I hadn't gotten very much sleep the night before, so I decided to take a nap. Well, for two hours I had nightmares about it....everything from them not caring at all, to deciding to let them talk me into continuing to work for them. Nonetheless, I got through the day and still felt I had done the right thing. I felt relieved in a way, but still kind of nervous about how we're going to make ends meet.
Then Saturday, we went to one of my favorite places....Logan, Utah! For those who don't know, I attended USU for 4 years.....and I'm very loyal to it. My cousin had a wedding luncheon up there, and we visited a few friends as well. I finally found peace in this painting we saw in a little art gallery:
I absolutely love what the artist has captured here, it is everything I love and remember of my life in Logan. First, the quad....it's that green grassy area surrounded by trees. This is where I spent many days doing homework, talking to friends, playing frisbee, attending school events...the simple college life. Next, Old Main itself....that big building with the "A" on it. Old Main reminds me of my ancestors, which is what I love about USU, formerly known as the "AC." Many of my ancestors attended and taught at the "AC," and I feel connected to them through Old Main. Then, there's the Logan Temple, just a little in the distance, but still on the hill overlooking the valley...this is one of the "rocks" I built my foundation on during my life in Logan. Okay, now here's something that I just love. The artist hardly put any detail into the actual valley....that's because it mostly actually looks like that. Cache Valley is not super-populated, it still has lots of farmland, and for me.....it was that simple life that always helped me feel grounded. Last but definitely not least.....the Wellsville Mountain Range across the valley. I absolutely loved watching the suns rays gleam on that snow, even in summer. Those mountains are so stately, and truly testify to me that God is our creator. I watched the grandest sunrises and sunsets on those mountains, they were truly formed for our enjoyment!
All of this somehow just brought me back to who I am, and how great life is, and how it just can't be wasted away in stress and worry. The last thing I want to do is let that stress get to my beautiful baby boy too.
I am so grateful for experiences and memories which remind us what life's about, and help us get through today's experiences so we can look back on them with joy as well!
p.s. The song - sung by a group that was formed at USU....I actually wanted to put their song "I Remember Yesterday" on here, but couldn't find it. It's a fun one, look it up!
Then Saturday, we went to one of my favorite places....Logan, Utah! For those who don't know, I attended USU for 4 years.....and I'm very loyal to it. My cousin had a wedding luncheon up there, and we visited a few friends as well. I finally found peace in this painting we saw in a little art gallery:
I absolutely love what the artist has captured here, it is everything I love and remember of my life in Logan. First, the quad....it's that green grassy area surrounded by trees. This is where I spent many days doing homework, talking to friends, playing frisbee, attending school events...the simple college life. Next, Old Main itself....that big building with the "A" on it. Old Main reminds me of my ancestors, which is what I love about USU, formerly known as the "AC." Many of my ancestors attended and taught at the "AC," and I feel connected to them through Old Main. Then, there's the Logan Temple, just a little in the distance, but still on the hill overlooking the valley...this is one of the "rocks" I built my foundation on during my life in Logan. Okay, now here's something that I just love. The artist hardly put any detail into the actual valley....that's because it mostly actually looks like that. Cache Valley is not super-populated, it still has lots of farmland, and for me.....it was that simple life that always helped me feel grounded. Last but definitely not least.....the Wellsville Mountain Range across the valley. I absolutely loved watching the suns rays gleam on that snow, even in summer. Those mountains are so stately, and truly testify to me that God is our creator. I watched the grandest sunrises and sunsets on those mountains, they were truly formed for our enjoyment!All of this somehow just brought me back to who I am, and how great life is, and how it just can't be wasted away in stress and worry. The last thing I want to do is let that stress get to my beautiful baby boy too.
I am so grateful for experiences and memories which remind us what life's about, and help us get through today's experiences so we can look back on them with joy as well!
p.s. The song - sung by a group that was formed at USU....I actually wanted to put their song "I Remember Yesterday" on here, but couldn't find it. It's a fun one, look it up!

3 comments:
I love that you know how its called the "AC." Thats what my grandma calls it. I am glad that you are happy!
Tenille, "I remember yesterday" was a hidden track on the colors CD... I probably have it somewhere (I just got a laptop and haven't copied everything over yet). Anyway, hope you're doing well. Your picture made me "homesick" for logan as well. I am starting a masters program with USU but doing it here in SL... oh how I miss logan!
I love that picture. I consider myself an Aggie through and through. I only attended USU for 1 year, but I think having two parents who went there made me love it that much more. I love Logan!
Post a Comment