Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Family, Friends and Fun

Well, I'm filling in for pmc, because he's had a few long weeks. He's hit that part of the semester where things get a little crazy. He's got a couple tests this week and a few more coming soon.

We have a few random things to share, not all of which necessarily come from this past week.

For those of you who don't know, the summer after my senior year of high school I got the opportunity to travel through Europe with "Jack's Orchestra," also called "Rocky Mountain Youth Camerata." While we were in the French Countryside we were privileged to each get a family to stay with for three nights. My family is the leClainche family, and we have kept in touch over the years. Someday I will get a chance to go visit them again, but for now we keep in touch through email and pictures. Recently they sent me a picture of their grand-daughter that was born a couple years ago, whom I have never met. However I basically consider them family, so I wanted to share a beautiful picture of my "pseudo-niece." Isn't she adorable?

I recently fell on the ice outside our apartment. I had grabbed the pole to hold onto in order to prevent the fall. However, all that the pole did was provide my arm and finger with bruises as my feet flew out from under me. Apparently it would have been smarter to just trudge through the snow beside the ice. But hey, cool bruise huh? The fingernail turned purple, but I failed to get a picture of that!

My friend Kirsten was in a musical that we went to this week. She played Princess #12 in "Once Upon A Mattress," at Rodgers Memorial Theatre. If you'd like to see it, it runs until the 9th, but I'm not sure if they still have tickets. It was very funny, and Kirst did a great job! Way to go!

As for news, well, we have none. But we found out this week that our little boy is going to have another cousin from the T&J family around august. His cousin smc just finally came home from the hospital! We are so excited that she has grown so strong and so much! Welcome Home smc! Oh and we also found out his other cousin from the S&C family is a little girl, probably Lucy-mae! We're still discussing whether we want to name ours Clark or Cannon. We think we'll probably have to decide once we see him, he's got to fit his name right?

Oh, I also added this picture of pmc in his sweet bowling get-up when we went bowling with my Eyre cousins.

2 comments:

Reeses Pieces said...

I love both names. I don't think you could go wrong with either. Ouch on the fall. Looks painful!

Anonymous said...

Hello...

Your "pseudo-niece" is my daughter!
I think so she's very beautiful but she isn't always the angel of the picture!!!

Congratulations for your baby.

Friendly

Carole Le Clainche

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...