Monday, October 8, 2007

Weekend in Dixie

Greetings from St. George, UT! We decided to spend Conference Weekend and the first couple days of Fall Break down south. It's been great... but lets start with late last week.
I'm in quite a good mood with the Red Sox getting a few good play-off wins already. (Sorry, I know most of you don't care, but this way everyone knows that I do.) Wins on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday gave them the series win and a trip to the ALCS. And then on top of that, the Utes went down and shocked Louisville (and most of the fans back in SLC) with a win. I couldn't ask for anything more, since the Team Down South had a bye week and therefore couldn't lose!
Thursday night we went on a surprise date courtesy of atec. We had dinner at
Noodles and Co. -one of our favorites- and then headed to Home Depot to peruse the merchandise. atec got me something I've been needing for a while now... precision screwdrivers. I'm excited now to get a battery into atec's new watch.
Friday night we enjoyed our mission reunion. It was great to see so many of the friends we love from that period in our lives. Many were missed as well though, so we'll have to do a better job of keeping in touch. After the reunion, we got packed up and headed down here, not making it until 3 AM. Thanks to atec and her sister, pmc stayed awake and got us all here safely.
Yesterday, we enjoyed going on a walk to the edge of the neighborhood we're staying in. There we found some sweet caves for climbing in. I love the unique beauty of Southern Utah. We're definitely looking forward to round of golf in the desert today! Pictures coming soon (when we get back to our own computer!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...